Sunday, February 24, 2008

Proud Mama

Today was something of a "Mommy Milestone" for me. I successfully (really, quite successfully) flew alone (without the Daddy, that is) with both of my little guys. Daddy had to fly elsewhere to do some lawyering. The three of us headed back home alone. Despite my fears and night shakes, the trip couldn't have gone better really.
The last time I did this alone, Brendan was two-months-old and his busy sister was just two. Last time was not so smooth. While we were waiting to board the plane, Ellie literally ran down the gangway, with several airline employees and me (with little Brendan in the Baby Bjorn) giving chase. I was in a full sweat. The whole thing was sort of a mess. I definitely did not feel eager to attempt another flight.

But today, I was travelling with a little girl and a toddler, not a toddler and a baby. What a difference it makes! Ellie needed to go to the bathroom minutes after Brendan had fallen asleep in my lap. "Don't worry Mommy. I can do it alone. I'll be right back." Off she went. She couldn't reach the lock on the door, but other than that, she perfectly executed a big girl trip to the bathroom. My big girl.

Now I feel emboldened. We can do this! New possibilities.

No comments: