Sunday, January 6, 2008

January

As much as I really love the whole seasonal go-round (spring = daffodils!, summer = farmer's market!, fall = apple crostada!), I have a hard time working up a ton of enthusiasm for January.

Holidays are over. House is a mess. Skin is pale. Toes have gone without pedicure for far too long. February and March are still going to be really cold. Spring is faaaaar away. Sigh.

I think it is definitely best to stay busy and get on with it though. Here is what I have planned so far:

(1) Waiting for new nephew's arrival
(2) Experimenting with Alice Water's The Art of Simple Food (chard with Parmesan, braised pork shoulder, minestrone, warm gougeres)
(3) Continue with my cupcake project (more later because it deserves it own post)
(4) Break in new sleds when a fresh snow arrives
(5) Organize our books
(6) Not one, but two opportunities to dress up and have night out with handsome husband
(7) Starting Montessori parent/toddler class with Brendan
(8) A clementine each morning with my coffee
(9) And at the very end of the month, a warm weather reprieve in Sanibel. Bike rides! Sand castles! Margaritas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me jealous of your January. Tell me, though. How do you manage to sled in the city? I haven't figured that out yet.

Caitlin Murray Giles said...

We haven't done the sledding thing yet. But I hear that there is a good hill for first-time sledders like us at Oz Park. Just waiting for some more snow now . . .