This is going to be an exciting week here on A Hen and Two (now Three) Chicks! My friend Sara Fisher and I are coordinating a great event called "Growing a Modern Organic Family" this Thursday night at Grow (a fabulous local boutique for modern organic kids).
We are so excited to spend the night with Chicago-area moms -- munching on organic goodies and learning more about how to make smart purchases for our family, courtesy of Deree Kobets (who owns Grow and knows her stuff when it comes to organic and non-toxic products for babies and kids).
We know that everyone can't make it to the big event -- but we wanted all of our readers to be able to participate in this awareness campaign. So we've planned 4 days of online giveaways from Grow.
Starting today, Sara and I will be featuring different items from Grow (and chatting a bit about the philosophy behind the store). And then we are giving all of these fabulous items away to our readers!
Today, we are focusing on the many ways that our kids and families "grow." As parents, we are faced with daily choices about the type of environment we create for the constantly-changing little people in our lives. Parents have lots of (maybe too many?) choices when it comes to furnishing their homes and outfitting their kids. The reality is that not all of the products on the market are safe for our families.
I think that Deree Kobets says it well: "If a child is surrounded by natural and non-toxic products, they will grow naturally."
After purchasing a ton of stuff for my three kids over the past seven years, I've learned that I am better off spending my (very hard-earned, thank you very much) money on a few quality, multi-functional items that endure and "grow" with our family. When it comes down to it, I'd rather invest in a few quality items than a bunch of cheap junk that my kids just end up breaking or destroying.
At Grow, Deree has done a lot of the leg work for you when it comes to choosing durable, non-toxic items. Her store features non-toxic, organic mattresses in crib and twin sizes by Naturepedic and non-toxic cribs like the Eicho by Spot On Square and alma crib by bloom. Deree can help you make smart choices when it comes to purchasing essential items that will "grow" with your growing family (like that very important mattress that your kids are going to be sleeping on every night).
Today, Grow is giving away the following package of items to one lucky reader:
- dwell organic circles bib & burp set ($35)
- boon non-toxic benders ($6)
- chapter one organic wash cloth & bath towel ($32)
- little twig organic bubble bath ($11)
(1) Leave a comment on this post. You can tell me about an item that you've purchased for your kids that has really "grown" with them. Or you can just leave me your email address. It's up to you.
(2) Become a Follower of the Grow blog by clicking here and adding yourself as a follower. (Leave a separate comment telling me that you've done this).
(3) Become a fan of Grow's Facebook Page. (Leave a separate comment telling me that you've done this.)
(4) If you use Twitter, retweet this giveaway for another entry. (Leave a separate comment to let me know you've done this). You could even say something like:
- RT@weewindycity Check out The Four Days of Giveaways from Grow Modern Organic Kids http://snurl.com/1e88cy #growmodern.
Disclosure: I am being compensated to coordinate this awareness campaign and event for Grow.