And the awesome giveaways keep coming! Today, I am focusing on the "organic" aspect of Grow Modern Organic Kids. In fact, I think that organic and non-toxic products are really at the heart of what Grow is all about.
Back in 2009, I was researching organic clothing for my story The Organic Option in Chicago Parent Magazine. That is actually how I met Deree Kobets, the owner of Grow. I interviewed Deree for my story and she was an amazing source of information about why it is important to feed our kids organically and also surround them with non-toxic, organic products when possible. I learned so much from her and really came to value her sensible approach to this sometimes complicated and confusing topic.
Deree says, "Our society has recently gotten smarter about eating organically. Our skin is our largest organ. Just as it releases toxins when we perspire, our skin absorbs what surrounds it. Therefore, our clothing, bath & body products even car seats and toys matter when it comes to our skin." Make sense, right?
Deree proudly features non-toxic and organic products in her store. Some of my favorites include Kate Quinn 100% certified organic cotton clothing for babies and toddlers (love, love, love this line), the Orbit car seat (the only car seat that is certified non-toxic), and an awesome selection of non-toxic toys from Plan Toys and Green Toys.
Today, Grow is giving away the following package of items to one lucky reader (see the photo above):
Here's how you can enter to win this beautiful collection of organic items:
(1) Leave a comment on this post. You can tell me about your favorite non-toxic or organic products for your kids. Or you can just leave me your email address. It's up to you.
(2) Become a Follower of the Grow blog by clicking here and adding yourself as a follower. (Leave a separate comment telling me that you've done this).
(3) Become a fan of Grow's Facebook Page. (Leave a separate comment telling me that you've done this.)
(4) If you use Twitter, retweet this giveaway for another entry. (Leave a separate comment to let me know you've done this). You could even say something like:
- RT@weewindycity Giveaway: Organic bedding from Grow Modern Organic Kids! http://snurl.com/1emnqu #growmodern.
Disclosure: I am being compensated to coordinate this awareness campaign and event for Grow.