Friday, April 4, 2008

April!

April's arrival means a few things at our house:

It's Birthday Time. Spring time is birthday time around here (spring being the perfect time to birth babies, if you ask me). Ellie will celebrate her fourth birthday in three weeks. And Brendan will be two shortly thereafter. On our "to do" list: invitations, Ellie's first "real" birthday party in the backyard with some friends, special cakes and cookies, a few presents, and finally getting to see what Ellie is talking about when she says you "walk around the sun" at school when it is your birthday.

Planning and Planting. Now it really is time to plan my garden. The daffodil and hyacinth bulbs I planted in the fall are popping their heads up. In springs past, I would walk around my neighborhood and see a beautiful plant or landscape design and think, "If I had a yard, I would definitely do something that like." And now I do have a yard. I can plant whatever I want. So thrilling. Now I just have to figure out what it is I want to do. I am reading. And reading. And growing. And thinking about what supplies I need and what plants should go where. My heart flutters a little just thinking about it.

First picnic I love a picnic -- always have. It is a right of spring at our house. Packing up a lunch and heading to the park for a leisurely morning. Stay-at-home Mom bliss. I am thinking about trying to make something along these lines to bring on our picnic excursions. Might be a little complicated for me, but I am adding the idea to my project list.

What else ? Oh yes . . . wedding showers, the return of wild salmon to our dinner plates, blowing bubbles and making art with our sidewalk chalk, a little gelato here and there, bike rides, eating outside by candlelight, a quick trip to Pittsburgh to visit Grandma and Grandpa and see how Auntie Bethany's baby is growing.

Gotta go -- so much to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to be part of your exciting April festivities!

Musings of a Housewife said...

I'm dying for spring to arrive here. It seems to take FOREVER around here.