Friday, January 23, 2009

Baking for Babes

My issue of Wondertime Magazine arrived in the mail last Saturday (this is by far my favorite parenting magazine).

Inside I found a recipe for homemade teething biscuits -- just in time for my nephew Seamus' first birthday party.

My little bakers and I got right to work on our homemade birthday treat.
  • 1 1/2 cups of unbleached flour
  • 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup of maple syrup
  • 3 tablespoons of applesauce
  • Mix ingredients together and knead for three minutes. Roll the dough out until it is about 1/3 inch thick. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for about thirty minutes (until they just begin to brown slightly).

This would be a great Valentine's "treat" for a little toothless person in your life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this magazine! I am certainly going to check it out!

Unknown said...

LOVE this idea!

Anonymous said...

Did you hear the bad news? Wondertime is going under. I'm soooo bummed because like you, it was by far my favorite parenting magazine- probably the only one I read cover to cover and it had a totally different perspective. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news- not sure when their last issue will be out but all we can hope for is a few more to come in the mail!

Caitlin Murray Giles said...

Oh no. That is bad news.