Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You Made It For Me?

Eleanor made me this necklace out of string and cut-up straws. I have been wearing it every day. When I picked her up from school last Friday, she hopped in the car and declared, "I made this for you because I love you."

Of course, I started crying.

Other Mamas out there know what I mean when I say that there is no better gift than one made just for you by your little one. I would trade my whole jewelry box for a selection of homemade items like this. And I have seriously been wearing it every day.
Ellie makes lots of things for lots of people -- but usually I am involved in the process (i.e. a book for Grandma's birthday or a thank you note for a friend). I hardly ever get to be the recipient of her gifts and I think that is why it is so special to me.

I still have the first thing she ever made for me -- this Styrofoam Christmas tree. Isn't it beautiful? Such a talented artist, my little girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

only a mother could know how special that really is. Beautiful!

Melissa said...

What a little sweetie you have!