Sunday, November 9, 2008

Complaints

I had kind of forgotten about how the last stages of pregnancy can be a little bit . . . physically challenging.

Between my barely tolerable lower back pain, periodic Braxton-Hicks contractions, middle of the night leg cramps, heart burn and general digestive distress, I am not the world's most pleasant person.

When someone says, "How are you feeling?" I either just say "great!" to spare them the unwanted ranting and raving or the floodgates open and I feel compelled to detail every ache and pain.

Just looking forward now to some swelling in my hands, the inevitable onset of cankle, and gaining somewhere between six and nine more pounds before I deliver.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It won't be that much longer until the sight of that precious little baby makes everything else just drift away...or until the epidural kicks in and you don't feel much of anything.

Anonymous said...

I'm far behind you and already miserable. You're right though - much easier to say "great" than deal with everyone's remedies or pitiful looks.

Melissa Stover said...

i'm right with you on all of it!