Thursday, September 18, 2008

Meet My New Friend Method

A few months ago, Method (you know, the eco-friendly cleaning product people) contacted me to see if I would be interested in becoming one of Chicago's "Method Mavens."

Those of you who know me know that I am certainly no "maven" of anything, but when I learned that being a "Method Maven" meant hosting a cocktail party for my friends where everyone gets free Method products, plus I get to try out new products as they become available throughout the year -- I was more than happy to try my hand at being a "Maven." Plus, I already use (and really like) some Method products around my house anyway (the Lil' Bowl Blu Toilet Bowl Cleaner is strangely delightful - try it).

So in late September, Method is hosting a party for my friends at their new pop up shop at 2034 N. Halsted. We will be sipping sustainable wine and snacking on organic goodies. Guests can bring in toxic household cleaners from their house to be disposed of safely and get a reusable tote bag full of Method products in exchange. We are also going to learn how to make our own natural body scrub with Sophie Uliano, author of Gorgeously Green. (Apparently she and Julia Roberts are good friends and it is going to take all of my restraint to not be a huge dork and ask her about that.)

Sounds fun, right? Well, I couldn't invite everyone I know to the party. So Method is going to give me some goodies to give away here. Check back in about ten days to find out how the party went and to enter to win some Method freebies to try out.

No comments: