Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thoughts on Colin at Two Months


My newborn who did nothing but eat and sleep all day is morphing into a busy little guy. He still eats and sleeps a lot, but he has added a few new tricks to his repertoire.

He Talks. Colin has a lot on his mind. Mostly he says "ah goo." But sometimes he mixes it up and says, "coo coo." He uses his voice to get my attention -- which is good because he has some stiff competition from his brother and sister when it comes to commandeering attention.

He Grows . . . and Grows . . . and Grows. My kids begin their lives near the top of the growth charts and quickly move into that ">95 percentile" category. Colin was 9 lbs. 1 oz. at birth (my smallest actually) and he grew out of his 0-3 months clothes at six weeks. At nearly ten weeks of age, his 3-6 month stuff is starting to look snug. We have a check up on Thursday for an official weigh in but I am guessing that he is hovering around 13 and a half pounds or so.

He Smiles. He has a few different versions. Sometimes he does a subtle curl of the lip, as if to say, 'Oh, hey there Mom." But more often Colin flashes an exuberant, gummy grin that screams, "LIFE IS GOOD!"

Don't you wish that your smile was as big and sincere as this? I sure do.

5 comments:

Megan Murray Elsener said...

He looks so different in just the two weeks you were gone!

Unknown said...

I love that little guy. The last picture reminds me of baby Ellie!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, precious!

Steph

Kathleen said...

What a munchkin! So cute.

Meghan Murray said...

I agree with Bethany. He looks so much like Ellie as a baby. Glad to see he was loving vacation!