Sunday, August 14, 2011

Spicy Little Things

I've had a bumper pepper crop this year. I am picking poblanos, serranos and jalapenos daily.

We eat our fair share of peppers, but we can't keep up (and I can't bear to let all these lovely peppers that I've been cultivating go to waste).

In an effort to preserve some of these tasty little guys, I came across a really simple recipe for brining peppers and decided to give it a try.

They are in the fridge right now -- getting all sweet and salty (and of course, hot).

I have lots of plans for these preserved peppers (only a small portion of them will come to fruition I am sure).

I'll report back in a week or so with the tasty (or not-so-tasty results). And let me know if you like peppers -- I've got plenty to share!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe....I planted a few different types of peppers, and they seem to be the only thing (besides the tomatoes) producing! Just as you mentioned, we can't possibly use all of the peppers quickly enough! :-)

Oops...I should probably introduce myself---I'm Kirsten (I blog at http://oursmalltribe.blogspot.com).I've been looking to connect with other like-minded mothers who are always striving to make their families' lives healthier and a little bit 'greener'. Please feel free to stop by my blog if/when you ever have a moment, and connect w/ me on my new Facebook page. :-)