Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Our Bats

I am not into Halloween decorations. Although Brendan would like to have a giant inflatable pumpkin and fake cobwebs all over the front yard (he has asked no less than 10 times), I like to keep the seasonal decor simple and natural -- a few pumpkins and gourds and maybe a nice scented candle. That's it.

But for my October craft story for Chicago Parent Magazine, we decided to do a Halloween-themed project. We made bat sock puppets out of David's stray work socks. (At least I thought they were strays. Turns out one of them was a part of a perfectly good set of $45 tuxedo socks. Ooops.)

This project was fun and easy and now we have something to hang in the trees in front of our house for Halloween so Brendan is happy. You can find the instructions for this project here -- and my bat origami project here.

Happy Halloween crafting!

No comments: