Thursday, July 26, 2007

Veggie Tricks: An Update



I have previously blogged about my ongoing efforts to encourage my two little ones to consume veggies, particularly the green ones. In pursuit of this objective, I have resorted to lots of tricks (usually with little success).

Imagine my surprise to discover that after a trip to the park with Grandma and Auntie Beth earlier this week, Ellie marched into a local convenience store, chose a smoothie called The Green Machine and declared it "fabulous."

I think The Green Machine more closely resembles pond scum than a beverage. And I would certainly rather eat my broccoli than drink it. But between her Green Machine smoothies and the ten or so leaves of basil Ellie eats from our little garden each day, she is suddenly doing just fine in the green veggies department.

No comments: